Phoenix ED Needs Help, Pronto
GPEC is hiring a VP of Business Development due to 300+ projects in the pipeline. (And they want more!)
According to a tweet from Greater Phoenix Economic Council president and CEO Chris Camacho the organization has 300+ projects in the pipeline and needs to hire a VP of Business Development immediately.
Qualified candidates should respond by sending a cover letter and resume with salary history via email to [email protected].
Job description below:
GPEC is actively seeking a Vice President of Business Development. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Business Development and is responsible for sourcing and nurturing new business expansion and relocation leads, qualified prospects, and for delivering GPEC’s core services to the highest standard in line with the GPEC mission to attract and grow quality businesses and to advocate for Greater Phoenix competitiveness.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Attract and locate prospective economic development projects leading to job creation in Greater Phoenix.
- Implement and bolster lead and prospect generation and development strategies and tactics in targeted markets and sectors as outlined in annual actional plan.
- Qualify a preset number of new prospects while maintaining tight prospect qualification standards.
- Host clients and handle prospect management, including presentation to executives, coordination of visits and tours, development of compelling business cases and proposal addressing issues or need of the project, while ensuring the effective coordination with Greater Phoenix communities, state government and private sector partners.
- Maintain high levels of customer service satisfaction with prospects, multipliers, investors and communities.
- Expand GPEC’s reach with targeted national site selectors, local brokers, and other sourcing stakeholders.
- Conduct prospect sale mission trips to target markets. Establish time frames, budgets, participation levels for prospect trips according to annual planning calendar.
- Plan and participate in trade shows and conference (within designated industry) to generate leads and prospects, actively coordinating pre-trip outreach activities, setting up appointments and meetings.
- Establish and engage relationships with industry leaders to gain greater insight into the challenges and opportunities as well as seek out ways to participate in key discussions and activities.
- Assist in providing content direction and thought leadership for GPEC leadership councils.
- Serve as the linking pin between GPEC investor base, both private and public, and share up-to-date knowledge of investors and Greater Phoenix area appropriately.
- Strengthen and enhance GPEC’s relationship with public and private partners seeking ways to increase the partner’s perceived value of GPEC’s services.
- Establish regular communication with stakeholders and investing partners highlighting GPEC’s accomplishments and soliciting their feedback.
Requirements, Qualifications and Desired Traits
- Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience.
- Experience working with industrial, office and emerging technology companies, and understanding of capital markets is preferred.
- Experience developing new business prospects and managing prospects to a successful completion.
- Exceptional organizational and management skills, including the handling of multiple projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of domestic and international business, economic development, tax policy, workforce, investment policy and issues.
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Dynamic, instinctive leadership traits.
- Driven, focused work ethic.
- Strong accountability.
- Ability to drive and motivate others.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through.
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and work effectively with small teams.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Availability for frequent domestic and international travel.
Econ Dev Show Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.