Podcast Episode 69 - Tackling Workforce Development from a Unique Angle With Clint Knight and Sandy Messner
The gap in their workforce development? Community awareness.
In this episode, Dane talks with talks with Clint Knight and Sandy Messner.
In 2022, the Richland Area Chamber in Mansfield, Ohio set out to tackle Workforce Development from a unique angle. They'd spent years working to integrate upskilling opportunities and education in the effort, and realized that there was a gap in the process. They identified that gap - in their community - as "awareness".
The gap in their workforce development strategy: "awareness".
They've taken on a large scale marketing strategy to attack that challenge head on. By utilizing opportunities for project based learning, multimedia content, and targeted social media strategies - they are backing the truck up, and working to make sure that stakeholders and active players are aware of the resources and opportunities that are available to them.
- Clint Knight | LinkedIn
- Sandy Messner, MBA | LinkedIn
- Richland Area Chamber of Commerce
- Richland Works | Richland Area Chamber of Commerce
- Richland Area Chamber Economic Development
- Summer learning: Students in The Career Institute summer youth works program gain unique experiences | Business News — School may be out for the summer, but the students enrolled in The Career Institute are working hard to enhance their skills in the Summer Youth Employment program in Richland County. According to the Richland Area Chamber and Economic Development website, “The Career Institute is focused on project-based learning and meaningful workplace experiences.”
- Richland Area Chamber & Economic Development | Facebook
- Richland Workforce Pulse Podcast — The Richland Area Chamber & Economic Development hosts this series focused on workforce development in Richland County, Ohio, with discussion about how it relates to the state and surrounding region. Hosted by Clint Knight, Director of Workforce Development, we will cover unemployment trends, employee retention and engagement, recruiting and communication methods, employee education and upskilling, talent gaps, and potential funding sources for training.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!
Econ Dev Show Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.