Table of Contents
How do you merge a Chamber of Commerce and an Economic Development Organization? Today we talk to Andy Sokolovich about his experience doing just this in Clinton, Iowa.
With the overwhelming support of the membership, investors, and Board of Directors, the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce and Clinton Regional Development Corporation have approved a merger — creating a single entity known as Grow Clinton. The combined organization will focus on tourism, economic and community development.
How did the merger come about? How did it work? What about the staff? In this episode, we talk through all this, and more.
Update: When we recorded last week, Andy was the interim CEO of Grow Clinton. Since then, he's been awarded the position permanently.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!
- CRDC, Chamber approve merger, become Grow Clinton
- Clinton area chamber, tourism, development groups merge
- Voting to create Grow Clinton - Part 1
- Voting to create Grow Clinton - Chamber Approval - Part 2
- Voting to create Grow Clinton - CRDC Approval - Part 3
- Sokolovich named Grow Clinton's president, CEO
- Develop This! Podcast — Andy is co-host.
Econ Dev Show Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.