Table of Contents
IEDC and its partners are building a nationwide corps of diverse, cross-sector talent with the skills and expertise to help activate regional economic development strategies that promote connectivity, innovation, and knowledge-sharing between urban, rural, and tribal areas across the U.S. in a way that elevates new practice and transforms the field of economic development.
ERC Fellows will serve as catalysts, working in partnership with local leaders and communities to activate regional economic development strategies that drive innovation, sustainable growth, and build long-term resilience. Through this 2.5-year program, Fellows will receive robust on-going professional development opportunities, including mentorship, coaching and Economic Development Certification training, positioning them to thrive and grow as change leaders during the fellowship and beyond.
If you’re an early- to mid-career professional with a passion and desire to create transformative economic change, apply to be an ERC Fellow!
The Economic Recovery Corps is a unique opportunity to join – and help build – a nationwide network of diverse practitioners and leaders with the passion, skills, and vision to advance new ways of doing economic development that promotes transformative change and leads to a more just, equitable, and sustainable economy for all.
You might be a good fit if…
- You are looking to do something impactful, substantive, and transformative while growing as a professional.
- You get excited about the idea of joining and building a nation-wide network of innovators that will change the system and create new ways of doing economic development where no one gets left behind.
- You seek opportunities that allow you to develop new knowledge and practices that can shape the next generation of economic development practitioners and community-builders.
- You seek to work with and engage stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to build effective coalitions.
- You’re known for being somewhat of a disruptor or change agent within your network — just as equally as you’re known for being a connector of people.
High-Impact Field Experience
- 30-month contract with an economic development project aligned with your professional background and skills.
- $90,000 annual fellowship stipend for 2.5 years ($225,000 total).
- $10,000 post-fellowship readjustment stipend (contingent upon fulfillment of contractual requirements and completion of program).
- Mentorship opportunities with experienced community and economic development leaders.
- Action research capstone project in partnership with your host organization.
Leadership and Professional Development
- Access to professional development opportunities, including a stipend of up to $27,500 for travel expenses, annual in-person training retreats, and access to up to two conferences per year hosted by IEDC or one of the ERC partners.
- An opportunity to pursue certification to become a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) and/or Entrepreneurship Development Professional (EDP).
- Monthly Community of Practice engagements with a sub-cohort of peers led by one of the six ERC partners.
- Quarterly virtual peer learning and network exchanges with the entire Fellow cohort.
- Access to ERC Partners’ nationwide network of industry leaders, more than 23,000 partner organizations, and ongoing support, collaboration, and professional opportunities through IEDC’s 4,000+ member network.
Econ Dev Show Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.