Podcast #82 - Rebuild Made in America with Wendy Rosen
There is so much that government can do to speed along the resurgence of creative businesses and to replace the vacancy signs on every Main Street.
Episode 82 of the Econ Dev Show Podcast is now live. This episode is brought to you by KathodeRay.
In this episode, Dane talks with Wendy Rosen of Rosen Consulting.
Last week, Wendy wrote an open letter to President Biden calling on the federal government to help rebuild small scale manufacturing. Her letter "Dear President Biden, Rebuild Made in America," struck a cord with me, and I thought you'd enjoy it, so I brought her on the show to talk about it, and her experiences and insight.
Wendy Rosen is the founder of the American Made Show, the national trade show for American made products. At it's height the show featured 1,600 exhibiting artisans and hosted more than 10,000 retail buyers who ordered more than $40 million at each show in Philadelphia.
Realizing that artists desperately needed business education, Rosen founded the Arts Business Institute and taught workshops in more than 35 states. As one of the first in the field of "arts economic development," she transformed an abandoned civil war era cotton mill into the Mill Centre Artist Studios.
Rosen's AmericanStyle magazine published an annual list of America's Top Arts Destinations. The sector grew to contribute 14B annually to the GDP but lost 70% of it's small businesses after 2009 when small businesses lost seasonal credit lines in the wake of the banking crisis and closure of community banks.
Rosen provides affordable growth planning services for arts organizations and creative communities. After Richard Florida gives you an assessment or asset inventory, she's the person to give you an affordable plan of action.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!
KathodeRay is a full-service marketing agency that connects government organizations to their community. This small (but mighty) woman owned and operated marketing agency can help your community thrive. They use tried and true methods that will connect your organization to your residents using social, digital and traditional media.
- Dear President Biden, Rebuild Made in America | LinkedIn
- Rosen Consulting - Business Development, Arts Business Institute, American Made Show, Buyers Market of American Craft, American Made Alliance, Art Marketing, Creative Economy Plans,
- TheRosenGroupMD - YouTube
- Wendy Rosen: From Businesswoman and Arts Advocate to Politician
- 15 Gifted Women: Wendy Rosen - Gifts & Decorative Accessories
- Crafting As A Business
- My Government Speaks a Foreign Language by Wendy Rosen – Dailey Woodworking
- Arts Business Institute | Facebook
- Arts Business Summit: A Career Acceleration Event for Visual Artists - Art Business News
- St Pete Art Business Network • St Pete Catalyst
- Op-Ed: A Plan for Job Creation by Wendy Rosen
- Arts Business Institute Blog
- How it’s Being Done: Arts Business Training across the U.S.
- "Demand American-Made" Campaign to Launch at the Grand Canyon
- Mill Centre Artist Studios
- Mill Centre Artists
Econ Dev Show Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.